Philips Respironics is voluntarily recalling some medical devices. See above links for details and a few highlights below. Please read thoroughly. Respironics recall advises patients to take the following actions:
- For patients using BiLevel PAP and CPAP devices: Discontinue use of affected units and consult with physicians to determine the benefits of continuing therapy and potential risks.
- For patients using life-sustaining mechanical ventilator devices: DO NOT discontinue or alter prescribed therapy, without consulting physicians to determine appropriate next steps.
- Philips is recommending that customers and patients halt use of ozone-related cleaning products, and adhere to their device Instructions for Use for approved cleaning methods.
- Register your device(s) on the recall website www.philips.com/src-update
- Respironics website provides you with current information on the status of the recall and how to receive permanent corrective action to address the two (2) issues.
- The website also provides you instructions on how to locate your device Serial Number and will guide you through the registration process.
- Call 1-877-907-7508 if you cannot visit the website or do not have internet access.
Currently, CPAPmachines.ca does not have more information. This is the most accurate information available. We recognize this may not answer all your questions at the moment. Philips is deploying a permanent corrective action to address the two (2) issues described in the Recall Notice mentioned above. Rest assured, further communication and procedures for resolution are actively being worked on and new information will be shared on our website immediately as it becomes available.
For immediate assistance, on any further information or support concerning this recall/issue, please contact Respironics recall support hotline or visit the website: 1-877-907-7508 www.philips.com/src-update.