A Bi-directional viral bacteria filter used as an accessory for CPAP and bi-level devices. Sole use only. NOTE: Not made with natural rubber latex or DEHP.
Duration of filter use vary by patient and usage. Monitor for blockage by secretions or another particulate and replace as needed. Filter usage duration will be longer when filtering fresh, dry gas on the inspiratory limb of the circuit than when it is used on the expiratory limb of the circuit due to blockages caused by secretions.
Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE): >99.99%
Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE): >99.99%
Dead Space: 66ml
Resistance (@0.5 L/s): 0.7cm H2O (hPa)/L/s
Weight per filter: 43g
Single-person use: disposable
Diameter: male connector end: 15mm, female connector end, interior: 22mm
Latex Free: does not have latex
- Monitor ventilator pressures and replace the blocked filter when pressures no longer meet the desired setting
- Use duration on the inspiratory limb versus the expiratory limb may vary greatly
- When used on an expiratory limb, a clogged filter may result in increased expiratory resistance
- Sole use only and not intended to be disinfected or cleaned after patient use. Dispose of after each patient use. Multi-patient use without disinfection between patients increases the risk of infection
- This filter is not designed for reuse. Philips Respironics cannot guarantee the performance specifications once this filter has been disinfected or cleaned after patient use
- Inspect for damage or wear. Discard and replace any components, as necessary