How To Select A CPAP Mask
Selecting a new mask can be challenging because it is quite subjective. This makes it difficult for us to supply definitive recommendations. Each person has unique facial features, as a result, fit and comfort vary for everyone. Here are some tips to help you select a mask.
- Read and thoroughly understand the mask's description and features. Compare with your current mask and understand how they differ.
- Do your own research. Read reviews on masks you're interested in and find out what other users experiences are.
- Visit a local CPAP store. If available, have a look at a demo, try it on for comfort and fit. Ask questions.
- Try something that is packaged as a 'fitpack'. Fitpacks come with many sizes for a higher chance of fit. Learn more on what a fitpack is here.
If you are unsure, please do more research, find out what masks are popular among CPAP communities. An open mask cannot be returned. Please visit a local CPAP store in your area for further help.
What Size CPAP Mask Do I Buy?
Most CPAP masks have sizing guides in their product description.
- Click on the mask you are interested in
- Look under description tab
- Print 'size guide' and measure your face for guidance. Click here for an example.
To increase the chances of a mask fitting, absolutely use the sizing guide to help you find the correct size. You may also select CPAP masks that are labelled fitpacks. This means the mask is packaged with various size cushions. For example, a mask can come with small, medium and large cushions or small and medium cushions. This variety pack ensures new CPAP users find a good fit when trying a mask for the first time. Due to packaging, we cannot accommodate requests of giving multiple of the preferred or same size per one mask.