In Canada, CPAP therapy coverage varies under each provincial healthcare plan.
- Ontario - Sleep tests and consultations are covered under Ontario’s provincial healthcare system (OHIP). Other programs that fund for CPAP therapy includes Assistive Devices Program (ADP), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) and Ontario Works Program (OW).
- British Columbia - The provincial health plan in BC provides coverage for those who qualify for the Employment and Assistance Regulation or the Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disability Regulation. To be eligible, you must be formally diagnosed through a proper sleep test.
- Alberta - Residents who require social assistance support and diagnosed with moderate to severe Sleep Apnea are the only ones eligible for CPAP equipment coverage.
- Nova Scotia - There is no provincial health coverage for CPAP therapy, but a local organization Sleep Apnea Refurbishment Program by the Lung Association of Nova Scotia, helps offset costs by collecting and distributing CPAP equipment to local residences.
- Quebec - There is no provincial health coverage for CPAP therapy in the province of Quebec.